A majority of people will get dry hands and feet after one week, but it might take longer for some people. See the graph below for details.
One treatment once a day is what we recommend. Adjust the machine to the highest voltage which you find comfortable. You can then space out your treatments according to your preferences. However, if you start feeling that the sweating is back, it's time for another treatment.
It doesn't make a difference.
A session should last at least 20 minutes in total: 10 minutes on each polarity. To maximize treatment, you can increase the duration to 30 minutes in total: 15 minutes on each polarity.
You should reduce the number of treatments once your hands or feet are dry. We recommend that you cease treatment once sweating has decreased by about 90%. Usually, after a week or two, you will begin sweating again. When it does, you should start a treatment again. If your condition is severe, you may have to do treatments twice a week. After a continued use, you'll be able to gauge when it's time for a maintenance treatment.
Yes, you can do two treatments per day.
Always use the highest voltage you can without hurting yourself. Do 15 minutes sessions on each hands or feet instead of 10 minutes.
That’s actually a good sign. It means that your body is reacting to the treatment. You should feel the positive effects in a few treatments.
To make sure the top of your fingers and toes are dry, make sure they’re submerged under water. You can also wear cotton gloves or socks to help.
Our device is powered by an electric AC adapter power supply. It converts AC to DC.
It uses direct current.
You should use the highest voltage you are comfortable with. It's okay to start at 12V. Note that the results are dependent upon the voltage and duration of treatment.
Polarity is the flow of the current. You need to change it so that the treatment is effective on both hands or feet. To do so, make sure to take your hands or feet out of the water and unplug the banana cable from the power supply. Once this is done, unplug both banana plugs from the metal plates and plug them back in the opposite plates as they were before.
Put one hand in one compartment of the briefcase, then slowly enter the second hand in the water. When you place your hands in the water, start with the junction of your palm and wrist. You can also set the power supply at minimum voltage while you are still familiarizing yourself with the machine.
You have to exchange the wires in order to invert the polarity of the content.
Yes, the unit is definitely safe to use, just like many other main powered iontophoresis machines. The power supply includes different protections such as Over Voltage Protection (OVT), Over Current Protection (OCP), Over Temperature Protection (OTP), Over Load Protection (OLP) and Short Circuit Protection (SCP).
Put in enough water to wet the skin on the palms of your hands or the soles of your feet, ensuring that the sweating area is wet. The quantity should be around 500ml (17oz) in each half of the briefcase.
You don’t need to add anything to tap water to make the treatment work. Although, some people have reported that adding 1/4 teaspoon of salt or baking soda to the water has helped.
No. There must be minerals in the water for the iontophoresis treatment to work. You can add 1/4 teaspoon of Baking Soda to one liter of your distilled or filtered water to ensure that it works.
No. There must be minerals in the water for the iontophoresis treatment to work. You can add 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda to one liter of your distilled or filtered water to ensure that it works.
We will automatically provide the correct plug in accordance to your country.
Yes, discoloration of the plates is normal.
No, it's normal.
Simply let them air dry. You might notice a bit of corrosion on your plates and banana cords with time. It’s a normal reaction to air and won’t affect your treatment.
Certains conditions or factors can cause adverse effects when using the machine. For your own safety, please:
- Do not use this device if you have a suspected or diagnosed heart problems or epilepsy.
- Do not use this device if you have a cardiac pacemakers, electrically sensitive support systems, or with an ICD (implantable cardioverter / defibrillator).
- Do not use this device if you suffer from cancer or if you are electrically sensitive.
- Do not apply electrical current through or across the chest, brain, or sinuses.
- Do not use this device with metallic jewellery around hands and feet.
- Do not use this device if you have a metallic implants within the current path (arm or leg).
- Do not use this device during pregnancy.
- Do not use over areas exhibiting phlebitis, thrombo phlebitis, or varicose veins.
- Avoid treatment in areas where sensation is absent or impaired.
- Do not use if you have potentially malignant lesions, acute localized infections, denuded skin, skin eruptions, or swollen, broken, or inflamed areas.
- Do not use if you have with impaired sensibility in your hands or feet (e.g. polyneuropathies).